Thank you for being interested in our creamy almond cake and an English recipe. So our creamy almond cake is our first recipe we try to write in (British) English and we hope that there are not too many mistakes and all interested readers will understand it as well as they will be able to bake this delicious creamy almond cake… Maybe, there will be some problems. For example, we know, there’s not the same custard powder everywhere. Don’t hesitate to send us messages, correct our mistakes or ask for further information. By the way, it’s our 400th article.
Springform cake tin 26cm Ø
6 egg replacer egg white (we recommend My Ey Eiweiß) or
1 pinch of salt
100g icing / powdered sugar
225g ground almonds
500ml almond drink or any other plantbased drink
80g white sugar
2 sachets (40g) of custard powder vanilla flavour
200g soft vegan margarine
1 teaspoon Agar Agar powder
50g sliced almonds
Some icing / powdered sugar if you want
- Beat egg white and salt until stiff.
- Sift icing /powdered sugar over it
- Stream it in slowly.
- Add ground almonds continuously.
- Preheat oven 150° Celsius or 300° Fahrenheit („ventilated convection“/fan heat)
- or 170° conventional heat 338° Fahrenheit
- „Butter“ cake tin.
- Fill batter into cake tin.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes in the middle of the oven
- „Chopsticktest“ after 25 minutes!
- Don’t brown batter!
- After having taken out of oven,
- let it sit and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Lose spring form ring, don’t remove it.
- Prepare custard using plantbased drink, sugar and custard powder
- by follwing the instructions on the sachet.
- Let it cool.
- While cooling, stir it sometimes.
- Beat soft margarine until creamy.
- Sprinkle Agar Agar on custard.
- Beat it strongly.
- Add custard slowly to margarine.
- Fasten spring form ring again.
- Spread custard evenly on the base.
- Toast sliced almonds in a pan until they’re light brown.
- Let them cool.
- Spread them on cake.
- Before serving cool cake at least 1 hour.